We’re thrilled to announce that the Ontario government has approved the use of electronic pink slips.
Even though most of us toss our pink slip into the glove box each year and forget about it until we need it, there always seems to be panic or hassle having to find it. You no longer have to worry, because, on September 5, 2019, Ontario approved the use of electronic pink slips.
Did you know that Ontario is the fourth province in Canada to approve the use of electronic proof of auto insurance (EPAI) for drivers? (Source: Canadian Underwriter)
What does this mean for you? To answer this question, we’ve outlined the basics and benefits of Ontario implementing the use of electronic pink slips.
The Basics |
- You have two options now:
- Use your paper pink slip (they will continue to be issued for one year)
- Use an electronic pink slip that’s saved to your mobile device
- There are security measures in place to ensure the electronic pink slip…
- can’t be tampered with
- tracked, or;
- data can’t be collected without permission
- The responsibility falls on the driver - broken screens and dead phones are not an excuse for not being able to display your pink slip
- You must have a smartphone to be able to use an electronic pink slip
The Benefits |
- Eco-friendly, eliminating the use of paper pink slips
- Efficient & convenient, simplifying the process
- We tend to always have our mobile devices with us, eliminating the chance of forgetting to put our new pink slip in the car
- The number of tickets for failure to present proof of insurance is expected to drop drastically
We hope we have provided some clarity on how the use of electronic pink slips will impact you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Youngs Insurance Broker!
Click here for an INSTANT Auto Quote »
Store Your Vehicle With Care This Winter »
Why Your Insurance Rates Are Increasing »