In an effort to start 2019 off on the right foot, we’ve shared tips on how efficient driving can save you money.
Did you know that efficient driving is the trick you need to learn to save money in 2019?
Each year the cost of living increases, which includes car maintenance and gas prices. Due to this, we are always looking to educate our customers on ways to save when it comes to driving. We’ve outlined the money-saving benefits of efficient driving with the following habits and tips.
6 Ingenious Ways Efficient Driving = Saving Money
- Cruise Control – Utilizing cruise control on the highway will maximize your car’s fuel efficiency.
- Winter Heaters – If possible during the winter months use a block heater to warm your car up, as cold engines burn more fuel.
- Avoid Idling – Idling uses more fuel than restarting your car.
- Avoid Heavy Loads – The heavier you haul, the more power you require, which increases the amount of fuel used.
- Acceleration – Be mindful of how you are accelerating; strive for smooth acceleration, avoiding aggressive start and stops. Aggressive accelerations waste fuel and put extra wear on your tires and engine.
- Air Conditioning – Use your air conditioning as sparingly as possible, as the air conditioner puts stress on your engine.
When it comes to saving money this year, make sure you practice efficient driving and keep your car maintained. We hope our six ingenious tips to be a more efficient driver will save you money in 2019!Click here for a INSTANT Auto Quote »
Umbrellas Aren’t Just For Rainy Days »
Why Your Insurance Rates Are Increasing »