Considering it is a new year, we wanted to share some tips on ways to save. Did you know that driving your car efficiently will help you save money? We have provided you with tips to be a more efficient driver in 2016!
Each year the cost of living increases, which includes gas prices and car maintenance. Due to this we are always looking to educate our customers on ways they can save when it comes to their car and insurance.
There are benefits to driving efficiently; for your reference we have outlined some tips and habits that will help you save money in 2016!
Efficient Driving Tips
- Acceleration – be mindful of how you are accelerating; strive for smooth acceleration, avoiding aggressive start and stops. Aggressive accelerations waste fuel and puts extra wear on your tires and engine.
- Avoid Idling – Idling uses more fuel than restarting your car.
- Cruise Control – Utilizing cruise control on the highway will maximize your car’s fuel efficiency.
- Avoid Heavy Loads – The heavier you haul, the more power you require, which increases the amount of fuel used.
- Air Conditioning – Use your air conditioning as sparingly as possible, as the air conditioner puts stress on your engine.
- Winter Heaters – If possible during the winter months use a block heater to warm your car up, as cold engines burn more fuel.
Driving efficiently and keeping your car maintained will ultimately save you money! We hope that you have found value in our money saving tips. If you would like a no obligation quote on your car insurance, please click here or contact us today!
More About Youngs Insurance
SIMILAR POSTS>> Clarifying Ontario’s Winter Tire Discount
>>Are Self-Driving Cars already on Ontario Roads?