Each year we actively support and promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This year we are raising awareness and funds for breast cancer research by participating in Dress For The Cause, an initiative by the Breast Cancer Society of Canada.
#GiveBackOntario & Breast Cancer Awareness Month
This year, Youngs Insurance will be participating in DRESS for the CAUSE by:
- Wearing pink and decorating their offices (at work or at home) with pink decor, on Friday, October 22, 2021
- Donating, raising funds, and sharing the Youngs Insurance team fundraising page
Did You Know?
- Breast cancer cases made up 25% of Canadian women's cancer cases in 2020.
- It is estimated that about 1 in 8 Canadian women will develop breast cancer during their lifetime and 1 in 33 will die from it.
- On average, 75 Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer every day.
- Treatment and care issues for young people in Canada include delayed diagnosis, reoccurrence, lack of social support, late effects of treatment, low participation in clinical trials, and long-term psychosocial factors.
Source: Canadian Cancer Society (2021) & RETHINK Breast Cancer (2019)
Youngs Insurance is very passionate about their #GiveBackOntario initiative, as they are dedicated to making a difference in the communities they operate in throughout Ontario. #GiveBackOntario works to inspire and challenge Ontarians to get involved and give back to their communities.