Search Youngs Insurance

Youngs Insurance Blog

3 Questions to Ask Your Insurance Broker Before Heading South

Posted Jan 10th, 2018 in Media, General, Insurance Tips, Home Insurance, Did You Know?, In the News

Traveling south during Canadian winters makes complete sense, especially considering the frigid temperatures as of late, however, before you go, make sure you speak with your Insurance Broker!

3 Questions to Ask Your Insurance Broker Before Heading South, Youngs Insurance, Ontario

Your bags are packed and you can hardly wait to trade this cold weather for sunshine and warmth. Before you head south this winter, there are a few insurance items you need to get in order.

#1 | How will my existing Auto Insurance protect me while I am away?

If you are traveling by car in Canada or the United States, Canadian auto insurance will provide you coverage. If you are traveling outside of Canada or the United States, you should contact your insurance broker to discuss your options. Talk to your broker about the maximum amount of insurance coverage available so that you can travel with peace of mind, knowing that you are protected.

Leaving your car at home? Your auto insurance can offer you coverage in case your vehicle gets damaged while you are away. If you are renting a car in Canada or the United States, your auto insurance policy will extend third-party liability coverage to the rental car. Before renting, talk with your insurance broker to learn how your existing coverage, and the limits of it, will extend to the rental car.

#2 | Do I need Travel Insurance?

Provincial medical coverage does not always extend to trips outside of Ontario. Travel insurance will offer you protection if you become sick or injured while you are away. Without it, you could be left paying out of pocket for medical bills or evacuation costs. Your insurance broker can talk to you about travel insurance limits and options, such as trip cancellation, interruption insurance, and baggage coverage.

#3 | How will my existing Home Insurance protect me while I am away?

If you are going to be away from home for the winter, your insurance broker will tell you how often your property needs to be inspected to maintain valid coverage. You should arrange for a trusted individual to check all levels inside your house regularly, and to pick up the mail.

Click here for a INSTANT Home + Auto Quote » 


3 Important Ways to Prevent Frozen Pipes this Winter »
4 Reasons Why You Should Invest in Winter Tires »


We Customize Every Insurance Quote Specific to Your Needs