Thanksgiving weekend is almost upon us; a time when we reflect on the people and things in our lives we are most grateful for. Since, most of us will be driving somewhere this holiday long weekend, make sure you drive safe!
This holiday includes celebrating with our family and friends and driving to visit all those we are thankful for. More vehicles will be on the road during the holiday travel period and it’s important to drive carefully so everyone stays safe.
Here we provide some tips on how to ensure you are driving safely over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
Tips for Safe Driving
- Ensure you are well rested before getting behind the wheel and don’t drive if you are tired
- Never drink and drive
- Always wear your seatbelt and make sure your children are properly secured in their seatbelts or car seats
- Obey the posted speed limits and following at a safe distance
- Using only hands-free communication devices while driving
- Be patient if there is traffic and try to plan your route ahead of time
- If for some reason you do experience car trouble, pull off the road as far as possible
- Make frequent stops if your trip home is a long one to avoid getting drowsy
- Use caution in work zones
- If you are traveling with pets, make sure they are secured with a harness or crate
Following these tips will keep your family and the roads safe. Youngs Insurance would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving holiday weekend! It’s also a great time for us to say how grateful we are to our clients – thank you for trusting us with your insurance needs.
Click here for an INSTANT Auto Quote »
Why Having an Emergency Safety Plan for Your Family is Necessary »
Understanding How to Drive Safely with Large Trucks »