If you are planning on participating in Black Friday Shopping across the Niagara border this year, you should check out our tips as there will be thousands of Ontarians joining you!
Friday, November 24, 2017, is BLACK FRIDAY! Directly following American Thanksgiving thousands of Ontarians flock to the Niagara borders to get in on notorious Black Friday shopping deals!
Niagara Border Traffic Conditions
Black Friday is the official kick-off to the Holiday shopping season and is easily the busiest shopping day of the year. If you are planning to partake in the Black Friday deals across the border make sure you check to see which Niagara border has the least wait time. There are three borders to choose from and if you click on the links below it will bring you to the Traffic Conditions;
Tips to avoid border traffic this year
Did you know you can only use the NEXUS lane if EVERYONE in the vehicle is a cardholder?!
- The heaviest border traffic will be on Wednesday, November 22 and Sunday, November 26;
- Anticipate waits of 2 hours or more;
- Before arriving at the border be sure you use a restroom and fill up with gas;
- Peak border times (heading into the States) are late morning through to the afternoon;
- Peak border times (heading into Canada) are later afternoon through to the evening;
- Heading back to Canada on Black Friday, the longest wait will be between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m.;
- The least border traffic is before 7 a.m.;
- Canada has restrictions on some products, such as baby playpens, car seats, etc., due to this you will not be able to bring such products across the border;
When driving please exercise more caution, as there is a documented spike in car accidents throughout the busy holiday season. We hope you enjoy a safe Black Friday shopping spree!