In Ontario, the winter weather can be unpredictable, and sometimes there’s just no stopping the snow! It’s important to be prepared in case of an emergency; so we’ve outlined a helpful winter survival kit for your car.
Being prepared provides peace of mind! Hopefully, you won’t have to use your winter emergency survival kit; however, you’ll be glad you have one in your car in case, weather conditions interfere with your plans. If you’re thinking, “I don’t need that, I have roadside assistance” remember, with bad weather conditions the demand for help increases and you could be left waiting for an extended period of time.
Winter Emergency Survival Kit - Check List
- Plastic warning triangles or flares – it’s really important that you make yourself visible to others in case you are stranded at the side of the road – they help to prevent accidents.
- Flashlight and extra batteries – tip: LED batteries last longer.
- Shovel – just in case you get stuck!
- Booster cables – just in case your car dies on a cold night.
- Cell phone charger.
- Gas – a small container in case you run out.
- Antifreeze and window washer fluid.
- A small tool kit.
- Duct tape – its ability to hold anything together could be very useful.
- First aid kit.
- Emergency food.
- Heat source - candle or matches and an empty can – the candle in the can provides heat and light if you are stranded in the dark or heat packets.
- Rope or tow strap – just in case your car gets stuck in a snow bank or ditch.
- Warm clothing like wool socks, mittens, hats, and footwear in case the clothing you are wearing gets wet.
- Ice scraper and snowbrush – these are essential and will help to keep your car clean.
- Salt/ sand or other traction aid – very handy if you get stuck in the snow or if it’s icy and your vehicle can’t get traction.
Stay safe this winter and be prepared by having an emergency survival kit in your car!>> Speak with A Youngs Insurance Broker Today!
SIMILAR POSTS>> A Snapshot of Ontario’s Auto Insurance Rates
>> Two Ways to Save While Fueling up Your Vehicle