Currently, Youngs Insurance Brokers has a rewarding career opportunity for the position of Receptionist at our Niagara Falls location.
Locations: Niagara Falls
Deadline: February 3, 2023
Expected Start Date: February 13, 2023
Position Type: Full-time
The purpose of the Receptionist is to maintain an outgoing and friendly personality as the receptionist is the first impression of the brokerage our clients receive. They are expected to treat clients courteously and prove them with exemplary service. They are to be well-informed about employee schedules for the purpose of transferring clients' calls to an available CSR or broker.
The successful candidate will manage a variety of objectives and duties, including the following:
- Answer the telephone and direct calls to the appropriate representative
- Take clients' payments and provide receipts to clients from the Broker Management System
- Provide deposit registers to the accounting department daily, if applicable
- Request broker cheques from the accounting department
- Open, sort, and date stamp all incoming mail and courier
- Effectively upload documents into specific electronic workflow queues for each department
- Prepare and process courier and outgoing mail
- Take mail to the post office and deposit to the bank when required
- Inventory control of supply room and order supplies as necessary
- Organize and store supply orders
- Balance float daily and ensure petty cash is organized
- High School Diploma
Experience & Skills
- Professional and courteous
- Receptionist/Switchboard experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision
- Proven clerical or administrative skills
- Background in customer service and understanding of customer success
- Experience with taking and processing payments, debit machines, etc.
- Commitment to a positive team dynamic
Benefits and Compensation:
- Group Benefits include health, dental, life and vision
- Paid vacation days and sick/PTO time
- Complimentary day off on birthday
- RRSP contribution matching
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Casual dress code
- On-site, free parking
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letter in confidence to our Human Resources Department, by clicking below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.