Currently, Youngs Insurance has a rewarding career opportunity for the position of Claims Service Representative at our Niagara Falls location for a RIBO licenced individual.
Location: Niagara Falls Location
Deadline: December 11, 2021
Title: Claims Service Representative
Position Type: Full-time
Youngs Insurance Brokers Inc. has been providing insurance with integrity for over 100 years. Our mission is to provide our clients with the finest insurance protection. We offer auto, home, commercial, life, employee benefits, and group insurance.
Youngs Insurance is currently seeking a RIBO Licenced, Claims Service Representative who is interested in being part of a winning culture and rapidly growing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing relationships with residential and auto vendors while maintaining the balance between client satisfaction and the operation of our insurance partners. Other primary objectives/duties include the following:
- Providing exceptional customer service to our clients
- Interpreting insurance policy wordings to determine coverage
- Investigating validity of claims
- Determining possible financial settlement before reporting losses
- Informing clients how their policy premiums may be affected by their claim as well as the eligibility for future renewal offers
- Proactively monitor industry changes, competitor offerings
- Assessing current and future client needs and evaluating how the claims unit should responds to changing conditions
- Generating Notice of Loss
- Reporting and documenting of claims in accordance with established guidelines
- Updating broker management system with loss details, payouts and reserves
- Assisting insureds to negotiate fair settlement and recovery with insurer
- Ensuring prompt handling and equitable settlement
- Inspecting claim sites and organize field investigations
- Reporting any suspicious, complex or high value claims to management
- Mentoring and training co-workers with carrier specific claim procedures
- Currently holds a RIBO licence in good standing (required)
- Minimum 1-2-years insurance experience (considered an asset)
- Experience working in an insurance brokerage (considered an asset)
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- High attention to detail and accuracy, ability to multi-task and respond to time-sensitive deadlines
- Commitment to a positive team dynamic
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Education reimbursement
- Employee Points System
- Paid personal/sick and vacation days
- RRSP contribution matching
- On-site, free parking
COVID-19 considerations: Youngs Insurance is COVID-19 compliant and is committed to ensuring our workplace and community are safe.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to our Human Resources Department, by clicking below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.