Car accidents are everyone’s worst nightmare but unfortunately, they do happen. To bring some peace of mind, we have everything you need to know if you are ever in one.
If you ever find yourself in a car accident (fingers crossed that won’t happen), it is hard to know what you should and shouldn’t do - especially if it is your first accident. We are here to help you know what do, and what to avoid should you ever be in a car accident.
Car Accident Do’s:
- Stay calm – To keep everyone safe and to provide the help everyone needs you need to make sure you are calm and collected to make the appropriate phone call or decision needed
- Call 911 – if anyone was injured in the car accident in any way make sure to call 911 so they can dispatch the emergency crew needed.
- Exchange Information – This is a key step when getting into a car accident, getting information from other drivers such as names, number, vehicle information, insurance and
licenceinformation will help you moving forward.
- Photographs – Taking pictures of the accident, such as road conditions or damages to any car will be beneficial to have.
- Your Insurance Broker – Contact your insurance broker for guidance, as once you inform your insurance company it is very difficult, if impossible to ever cancel a claim.
Car Accident Don'ts:
- Leave the scene – Leaving the scene of the car accident will only result in more consequences for you in the long-run.
- Accept any payment – Do not accept any form of payment for damage from any other drivers.
- Vehicle Repair – Before getting your vehicle repaired, make sure to clear it with your insurance company, most times they will refer you to a preferred shop who guarantees the work for as long as you own your vehicle.
Get your Auto Insurance Quote in just 1 click »