Winter weather has hit Ontario! Considering the mild start to the winter we had, you may not have winterized your vehicle. Due to this, we have provided you with tips to get your vehicle winter ready.
In an effort to avoid vehicle issues in this harsh winter weather, you must make sure your vehicle is winter ready. What does that mean? Well there are things you can do to ensure your vehicle is winterized, which will to help minimize vehicle inconveniences.
Tips to winter ready your vehicle
- Antifreeze – be sure to clean, flush and add more antifreeze to your system.
- Wiper blades – switch to winter wiper blades as they really help in freezing temperatures and snow and use winter weather washer fluid.
- Heaters & defrosters – check that your heaters and defrosters work properly.
- Winter tires – ensure your tire treads depth and pressure is good. If possible utilize winter tires, as they make winter driving much safer.
- Lights – check your interior and exterior lights to see if they are working properly.
- Oil Change – make sure you change your oil and during the winter months it is beneficial to use ‘winter weight’ oil in your vehicle.
- Battery – have your battery checked to ensure optimal performance, as cold weather is hard on vehicle batteries.
- Gas Tank – during the winter months it is important that you keep your gas tank half full always, to avoid freezing in the gas lines.
In addition to the tips above, be sure to check the tire pressure on your vehicles spare tire. Be prepared, it is essential you have jumper cables, a snowbrush, a ice scraper and an emergency kit that includes flashlight, flares, blanket, snacks and water in your vehicle.
We hope that you have found our tips to winter ready your vehicle helpful. We pride ourselves on educating our customers with useful information. If you would like a no obligation quote on your car insurance, please click here or contact us today!
SIMILAR POSTS>> The Value in Keeping your Vehicle Well Maintained
>> Clarifying Ontario’s Winter Tire Discount