Currently, Youngs Insurance Brokers has a rewarding career opportunity for the position of Personal Lines Underwriter at our Welland location.
Deadline: June 2, 2023
Expected Start Date: June 19, 2023
Department: Personal Lines
Title: Personal Lines Underwriter
Position Type: Full-time
Youngs Insurance Brokers Inc. is hiring for the position of Personal Lines Underwriter to work in our Welland location.
As a Personal Lines Underwriter, you will review, approve, and process new applications for automobile and home insurance policies. In this position, you will work with our production and service staff to assist in the placement of insurance for our customers. You will develop good working relationships with our insurance partners and their underwriting departments to ensure that insurance policies are issued promptly and within approved guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will manage a variety of objectives and duties, including the following:
- Triage a high volume of incoming applications.
- Review and assess applications for completeness, accurate rating, and pricing.
- Collect missing information required to underwrite new applications.
- Ensure records and relevant documentation is collected to assist in the application approval or decline process.
- Review and analyze insurance history reports to confirm rating accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with binding authority.
- Maintain rating integrity and appropriate risk classification when issuing policies.
- Develop an understanding of core insurance products and company guidelines.
- Data entry to issue insurance policies through company online systems.
- Work collaboratively with all departments and team members to ensure expected service levels are maintained.
- Main source of contact for staff-related underwriting questions.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education
- Insurance industry experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with insurance products and industry systems would be considered an asset.
- Critical thinking with an analytical mindset and exemplary attention to detail.
- Sound judgment and the demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to collaborate with peers as well as the ability to work well independently.
What We Look For
We look for new hires who want to grow with the company and have a genuine desire to contribute to workplace culture and the success of the business.
- A willingness to learn and to develop in the role.
- Self-motivation with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume setting.
- Computer savvy, Microsoft Office proficiency, excellence in keyboarding.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended healthcare
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Complimentary day off on birthday
- RRSP match program
- Vision care
Youngs Insurance Brokers Inc. has been providing Insurance with Integrity for over 100 years. Our mission is to provide our clients with the finest insurance protection, whilst providing a unique and custom-tailored experience. Our core services are anchored around protecting what matters to our clients, offering auto, home, commercial, life, and employee benefits and group insurance. Youngs Insurance Brokers prides itself on excellence in Customer Service.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.