Currently, Youngs Insurance has a rewarding career opportunity for the position of Design & Digital Marketing Jr. Coordinator at our Waterdown location for a graphic designer and digital marketing enthusiast.
Location: Waterdown Location
Deadline: February 6, 2022
Department: Brand Marketing Department
Title: Design & Digital Marketing Jr. Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
Youngs Insurance Brokers Inc. has been providing insurance with integrity for over 100 years. Our mission is to provide our clients with the finest insurance protection, whilst providing a unique and custom-tailored experience. Our core services are anchored around protecting what matters to our clients, offering auto, home, commercial, life, employee benefits, and group insurance.
Youngs Insurance is expanding our Brand Marketing Team, with the hiring of a Design & Digital Marketing Jr. Coordinator. The successful candidate will have excellent graphic design, multimedia, and digital marketing skills, with a keen ability to create compelling designs and integrated campaigns across channels and platforms from conception through implementation. This role requires the candidate to possess a robust understanding of best practices and trends in design, video, social media, and digital marketing, including a passion for creativity, and the capability to build and convert a digital audience.
The successful candidate will support creative, digital, brand marketing and communications efforts through graphic, interactive, and multimedia design, including the following:
- Knowledge of successful brand management principles with a strong understanding of graphic design, multimedia, and digital marketing.
- Participate in conceptual design and multimedia meetings and consult on design solutions.
- Translate concepts into finished designs that convey appropriate brand and accurate messaging.
- Advise best practices and optimizations throughout design/multimedia projects.
- Develop concepts, create designs, and execute cohesive branded experiences across printed materials and digital assets including websites, social media, digital campaigns, email communications, etc.
- Conceptualize and execute social content across platforms with both static and animated/motion graphics with subsequent results reporting.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of and experience in core design, social branding strategies, and conceptual thinking to guide relevant solutions.
- Assists with developing design concepts that are equally bold and viable that further strengthen brand visibility.
- Edit, update and manage various brand websites to ensure content is current, dynamic, and relevant – drive quantifiable results utilizing data analytics.
- Implement back-end SEO tactics such as keyword optimization, title tags, alt tags, H1, H2, meta descriptions, etc.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Produce, share, and monitor social media platforms to promote growth and enhance online presence with social promotions and campaigns across multiple brands.
- Track, measure, and report success of digital marketing campaigns using data analytics to improve performance.
- Research trending digital marketing tactics and audience preferences and provide reports to senior team members.
- Experience using Google Analytics, understanding SEO/SEM, social and digital mechanics, and/or other analytical tools.
- Additional creative assignments or tasks for internal brand marketing efforts including sourcing photography, resizing images, and digital production.
- 1-2 years graphic/multimedia design experience.
- Post-secondary education in graphic design, multimedia/digital design, marketing, or a related field.
- Ability to use elements of design, i.e., color, typography, illustration, photography, and videography for success.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro, and Acrobat.
- Knowledge of video production, editing, and animated and/or motion graphics.
- Experience using established brand standards and logo guidelines.
- Advanced proficiency in digital marketing, including social media, website, and email design.
- Capacity to confidently present designs and articulate vision.
- High attention to detail and accuracy, ability to prioritize multiple projects effectively, respond to time-sensitive deadlines, and work independently or as part of a team.
- Intermediate skills or understanding of HubSpot, HTML, and CSS editing is an asset.
- Top-notch design skills and in-depth knowledge of modern techniques.
- A self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative and a high level of creativity.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment - the ability to work towards deadlines without becoming overwhelmed when quick turnarounds are required.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to be proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and data-driven.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Group Benefits including health, dental, and vision
- Paid vacation days and sick/PTO time
- Complimentary day off on birthday
- RRSP contribution matching
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational support opportunity
- Employee Rewards Program (incentives)
- On-site, free parking
COVID-19 considerations: Youngs Insurance is COVID-19 compliant and is committed to ensuring our workplace and community are safe.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in confidence to our Human Resources Department, by clicking below. Please include your portfolio of samples of your work that demonstrate your digital and multimedia design abilities with your application submission.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.