Currently, Youngs Insurance has a rewarding career opportunity for the position of Brand Engagement & Social Media Coordinator at our Waterdown location for a brand marketing and social media enthusiast.
Location: Waterdown Location
Deadline: March 1, 2021
Department: Brand Marketing Department
Title: Brand Engagement & Social Media Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
Youngs Insurance Brokers Inc. has been providing insurance with integrity for over 100 years. Our mission is to provide our clients with the finest insurance protection, whilst providing a unique and custom-tailored experience. Our core services are anchored around protecting what matters to our clients, offering auto, home, commercial, life, employee benefits, and group insurance.
Youngs Insurance is expanding our Brand Marketing Team, with the hiring of a Brand Engagement & Social Media Coordinator. The successful candidate will have excellent traditional and digital marketing skills and outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. With a keen ability to take initiative and an aptitude for attention to detail. This role requires the candidate to possess a robust understanding of best practices and trends in social media and marketing, a passion for creativity, and the capability to build and convert a digital audience.
The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of brands with primary objectives and duties, including the following:
- Knowledge of successful brand management principles with a strong understanding of traditional and digital marketing.
- Assists with developing communications and marketing plans that promote business facets - ensure adherence to brand standards and guidelines.
- Effective storyteller who can drive action with compelling and creative content that adds value and enhances relationships with internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
- Create, schedule, and manage a comprehensive content calendar for multiple brands.
- Expertise in various marketing and communications platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and traditional marketing.
- Build and distribute email campaigns with subsequent results reporting.
- Edit, update and manage various brand websites to ensure content is current, dynamic, and relevant – drive quantifiable results utilizing analytics.
- Write various articles and blogs on a wide range of insurance-related topics to expand reach.
- Implement back-end SEO tactics such as keyword optimization, title tags, alt tags, H1, H2, meta descriptions, etc.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Produce, share, and monitor social media platforms to promote growth and enhance online presence with social promotions and campaigns.
- Track, measure, and report success of digital marketing campaigns using analytics to improve performance.
- Research trending digital marketing tactics and audience preferences and provide reports to senior team members.
- Experience using Google Analytics, understanding SEO/SEM, social and digital mechanics, and/or other analytical tools.
- Intermediate skills or knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, HubSpot, HTML, and CSS editing.
- Assist and coordinate event management for external and internal virtual events.
- 1-2 years of marketing/brand/communications experience.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, PR, communications, or a related field.
- Experience in the insurance industry is an asset.
- Familiarity in video production and editing is an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, project management, and administrative skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy, ability to prioritize multiple projects effectively, respond to time-sensitive deadlines, and work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and contribute to a positive working environment and culture.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- A self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative and a high level of creativity.
- Outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment - ability to work towards deadlines without becoming overwhelmed when quick turnarounds are required.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to be proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and data-driven.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Group Benefits including health, dental, and vision
- Paid vacation days and sick/PTO time
- Complimentary day off on birthday
- RRSP contribution matching
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational support opportunity
- Employee Rewards Program (incentives)
- On-site, free parking
COVID-19 considerations: Youngs Insurance is COVID-19 compliant and is committed to ensuring our workplace and community are safe.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to our Human Resources Department, by clicking below.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.