Currently, Youngs Insurance Brokers has a rewarding career opportunity for the position of Human Resources Coordinator at our Niagara Falls location.
Locations: Niagara Falls
Deadline: February 16, 2024
Expected Start Date: March 1, 2024
Department: Human Resources
Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time
- Responds to human resources-related inquiries and requests.
- Work closely with department managers to understand current and future departmental staffing requirements.
- Assist in full cycle recruitment activities from development of job postings to onboarding new hires including entering data into human resources information system.
- Assist in facilitating the offboarding process for all team members such as conducting exit interviews and maintaining checklists.
- Supports workplace investigations and disciplinary-related issues.
- Support managers to ensure success of their teams.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of the employee handbook, and contribute to policy development ensuring legal compliance.
- Ensures legal compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Participate in conducting investigations in response to a range of employee concerns.
- Assist with entering and managing staff members benefits.
- Works with managers to create and implement training opportunities for employees.
- Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of personnel policies, compensation and benefit programs and employee agreements.
- Follow and interpret provincial regulations and relevant standards to ensure policies and procedures are updated accordingly.
- Tracks and monitors licensed individuals RIBO credits.
- Provide administrative support to the HR department as needed
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources Management or related field
- 1-2 years previous experience working in human resources.
- CHRP/ working toward CHRP
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Sound knowledge of human resources management fundamentals, principles, and concepts.
- Strong understanding of Ontario employment law, including but not limited to the Employment Standards Act, 2000, Human Rights Code, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Above-average interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and build relationships.
- Keen attention to detail with strong administrative skills.
What We Look ForWe look for new hires who want to grow with the company and have a genuine desire to contribute to workplace culture and the success of the business.
- A willingness to learn and to develop in the role.
- Self-motivation with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume setting.
- Computer savvy, Microsoft Office proficiency, excellence in keyboarding.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended healthcare
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Complimentary day off on birthday
- RRSP match program
- Vision care
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Youngs Insurance is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. If you need special assistance or accommodation to apply for a job posting, please contact Kate Doucette, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Youngs Insurance Brokers Inc.
At the core of our values, we strive to provide unparalleled service to every client we have the privilege of serving. Our mission is to go above and beyond, ensuring that our clients receive nothing but the very best. We seek out innovative solutions to incorporate into each client’s insurance program to maximize premium savings and policy coverage.
We are committed to providing insurance products solely through stable, dependable insurance carriers with a consistent vision of personalized service.
As independent brokers, we are mindful of the trust our clients place in us to handle their insurance portfolio and we always strive to achieve the highest level of client satisfaction.