Currently, Youngs Insurance Brokers has a rewarding career opportunity for the position of Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk at our Welland location.
Deadline: October 23, 2023
Expected Start Date: November 6, 2023
Department: Accounting Department
Title: Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk
Position Type: Full-time
Youngs Insurance Brokers Inc. is hiring for the position of Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk to work in our Welland location.
The Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk is objective and responsible for the reconciliation of bank accounts with high transaction counts, as well as working with and maintaining the confidentially of sensitive information.
- DCS / DEC (an asset)\
- Certified Management Accountant (an asset)
- ACI Certification (an asset)
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Applicants will possess a college diploma in accounting or a relevant field of study - equivalent experience will also be considered
- Knowledge of government remittances. E.G. Source Deductions, EHT, possible RRSP calculating different pay types.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with computerized payroll systems – with a working knowledge of creating financial statements, general ledgers, debits and credits
- Critical thinking with an analytical mindset and exemplary attention to detail.
- Sound judgment and the demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- The ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet strict deadlines
What We Look For
We look for new hires who want to grow with the company and have a genuine desire to contribute to workplace culture and the success of the business.
- A willingness to learn and to develop in the role.
- Self-motivation with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume setting.
- Computer savvy, Microsoft Office proficiency, excellence in keyboarding.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended healthcare
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Complimentary day off on birthday
- RRSP match program
- Vision care
At Youngs Insurance Brokers Inc., for over 110 years, our mission is and has always been to ensure we provide our clients with the finest insurance protection available. We are committed to the social and economic well-being of our partners, employees, community, and province, and continue to strive for uncompromised excellence!
We are proudly one of Ontario's largest independently owned insurance brokerages, offering auto, home, commercial, life, employee benefits, RRSP program, group insurance – "protecting everything that matters to you!"
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.