Currently, Youngs Insurance Brokers has a rewarding career opportunity for the position of Marketing Specialist at our Waterdown location.
Deadline: August 15, 2022
Department: Brand Marketing Department
Title: Marketing Specialist
Position Type: Full-time
Youngs Insurance Brokers Inc. has been providing insurance with integrity for over 100 years. Our mission is to provide our clients with the finest insurance protection, whilst providing a unique and custom-tailored experience. Our core services are anchored around protecting what matters to our clients, offering auto, home, commercial, life, employee benefits, and group insurance.
Youngs Insurance is expanding our Brand Marketing Team, with the hiring of a Marketing Specialist. The successful candidate will contribute to the planning and development of a variety of marketing practices in aid to the Brand Manager.
A portfolio of previous work prior to the interview is a definite asset.
The successful candidate will manage a variety of objectives and duties, including the following:
- Contribute to the planning, development, and execution of advertising and marketing campaigns
- Develop content based on key marketing messaging and SEO initiatives
- Contribute to traditional marketing tactics such as email, radio, television, webinars, newsletters, magazines, sell sheets, brochures, and billboards.
- Implement back-end SEO tactics such as keyword optimization, title tags, alt tags, H1, H2, meta descriptions, etc.
- Track, measure, and report the success of digital marketing campaigns using data analytics to improve performance.
- Research trending digital marketing tactics and audience preferences and provide reports to senior team members.
- Create and monitor a wide variety of email marketing campaigns. Ensure the design and layouts of emails are optimized, user and mobile-friendly.
- Support and execute industry events, tradeshows, and internal events.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Develop, communicate and implement an annual calendar of holiday, event-based and corporate promotions.
- A College Diploma or University Degree in the field of Marketing or Communications with 2 -5 years of work experience.
- Knowledge of core marketing principles, including strategy development, branding, market research, social media, email writing and design, and competitive intelligence.
- Strong written skills for print, web, and social media; strong oral communications skills. The ability to consistently write 1,000-2,000 word blogs.
- Experience using Google Analytics, understanding SEO/SEM, social and digital mechanics, and/or other analytical tools.
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word, including mail merges, templates, and letter creation.
- Experience using established brand standards and logo guidelines.
- High attention to detail and accuracy, ability to prioritize multiple projects effectively, respond to time-sensitive deadlines, and work independently or as part of a team.
- Video editing skills are an asset
- Knowledge of a CRM tool (WordPress, Hubspot, MailChimp, etc) is an asset
- A self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative and a high level of creativity.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment - the ability to work towards deadlines without becoming overwhelmed when quick turnarounds are required.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to be proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and data-driven.
- Should be comfortable in learning about new technologies, and not afraid to dive deeper into advanced marketing
- A learning mindset, with an extremely steep uptake curve for new technologies as well as understanding team dynamics across the organization.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Group Benefits including health, dental, life and vision
- Paid vacation days and sick/PTO time
- Complimentary day off on birthday
- RRSP contribution matching
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education support opportunity
- Work from home 2 days a month
- Casual dress code
- On-site, free parking
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letter in confidence to our Human Resources Department, by clicking below.
(Please submit a writing sample of 500-1000 words with your application)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.