Going camping? Consider your Camping Trailer coverage so you can travel with peace of mind this summer.
What Units are Covered?
Any unit that depends on a motor vehicle will be covered under Camping Trailer Insurance.
What are my Options?
There are two options for
Option 1: Home or Auto Insurance
To save money, you can add the trailer under your auto policy. This will provide you with basic coverage for the trailer and the possessions inside the trailer. It will also include collision coverage and towing costs. Adding the trailer under your home policy will only cover the possessions inside.
Option 2: Camping Trailer Insurance
Camping Trailer Insurance will include the basic coverage offered by home and auto insurance, plus appropriate towing and roadside assistance. You have three options for travel insurance policies for possessions:
- Guaranteed replacement cost replaces the trailer with one similar to the one you lost
- Standard replacement cost replaces the trailer with a new trailer up to the insured value
- Actual cash value replaced the trailer with one that is of the same fair market value as the one you lost
You can also buy liability insurance in case you accidentally cause damage to other trailers...accidents happen!
Should I Know? else
- If you live in your trailer full time, or for more than six months in a year, you are considered an increased liability risk and will need to pay for appropriate coverage.
- If you are traveling to another country, consult with your insurance company to see if you will be covered.
- If you are renting a trailer, check with the rental company and your auto insurance policy about the details of your coverage.
It is important to consider getting the right insurance for your Camping Trailer. Think about what needs to be insured, and under what conditions.
>>Contact Youngs Insurance for a QUICK auto quote